CLEAN, LINE AND ARREST FURTHER CORROSION AND DETERIORATION OF DRINKING WATERMAIN
Panton McLeod – Americas is happy to announce that we have become the exclusive New England Manufacture’s Representative for Tomahawk System for the cleaning and relining of water and sewer mains, up to 8-inches. Tomahawk utilizes abrasives of various calibers in a high-volume, low–pressure airstream to clean and dry the pipe in preparation for lining. Unlike most methodologies being utilized, Tomahawk results in a pipe line cleaned to the base material, ready for relining, and is one of the few methods that meets the recently enacted ASTM F3182-16 Standard. Tomahawk’s Lining meets AWWA M28, Class I and II standards and is an NSF/ANSI-61 certified polymeric resin barrier coating.
Common Watermain Problems
- Low chlorine residuals
- Reduced flow and pressure
- Discolored water/quality violations
- Increased non-revenue water (losses)
- Reduced structural integrity
- Increased public risk
- Increased maintenance costs
- Restrained budgets
- Environmental constraints
Only a Few Hours to Rehabilitate a Watermain Section
- Waterless, dust-free, environmentally friendly, trenchless process.
- Enclosed cleaning and lining process, limiting public viewing.
- No working head that can get stuck in pipe.
- Can negotiate one 22.5 degree elbow.
- Used mostly for ductile and cast iron, steel and asbestos cement pipe materials.
Step 1: Cleaning
- Used for diameters of 100mm (4in) to 300mm (12in.)
- Length up to 135 m (450ft) per pipe segment.
- Up to 98% waste reduction over wet cleaning methods.
- Fast, 2-3 hours to clean typical pipe section.
- Removes tuberculation, bitumen or coal tar linings.
- High Level of cleaning, up to SSPC-SP 6-7/NACE No. 3-4 “Commercial Blast Cleaning” as required in the ASTM F3182-16 Standard.
- Dried pipe allows for immediate liner application.
Step 2: Lining
- AWWA M28, Class 1 – to prevent further corrosion, deposit build-up and water quality violations.
- Excellent adhesion exceeding 250 psi bond strength as required by the ATSM F3182-16 Standard.
- Fast, 30 minutes to line typical pipe section.
- Same day return-to-service (bypass optional.)
- Full coverage at the joints and around the service connections, leaving no exposed services.
- A smooth consistent thickness is achieved, providing a C-Factor above 110.
- Extends pipe service life for decades.
Immediately following cleaning, polymeric resin is injected inside the pipe and added to the airstream.
As a result, polymetric liner is aerodynamically distributed around the entire pipe’s internal surface.
Patented in-pipe distributive bodies in the airstream ensures full coverage nd even lining thickness.
A TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY
We have developed the innovative and patented TOMAHAWK System for the cleaning and rehabilitation of deteriorated water distribution pipes. Our technology doses abrasives into a high-volume, low-pressure airstream to remove internal tuberculation, corrosion and bitumen/tar liners from pipes. Immediately following cleaning, we introduce an airborne quick-set NSF/ANSI-61 Certified polymeric resin to coat the pipe interior, leaving a continuous and bonded liner that greatly improves water flow and quality, while extending service life and increasing public confidence in the water system. Patented in-pipe bodies ensure full surface coverage.